Low Power Systems Design
This course covers low-power design methodologies in modern computing systems. Power consumption has been the bottleneck in a wide range of electronic systems from high-performance computing systems to hand-held devices. This course discusses source of power consumption, modeling and estimation power consumption, and low-power techniques at various abstraction levels. Latter part of the course will be seminar-style lectures and activities organized in groups.
This web page has been updated on 30.10.2017.
*** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
* Lecture notes are available on Moodle
* No class on 6th of November. The class on 13th of November has been shifted to 15th.
- This is a master-level course that covers low-power system design. It requires some knowledge of microelectronic circuits and computer architecture.
- This is a 5 ECTS course, which consists of lectures (9 weeks) and student presentations in groups (3 weeks).
- The final exam at the end of the course will be a closed-book exam covering the lecture contents as well as student presentations.
- Lecture slides for WS(17/17) are being uploaded in Moodle!