Advanced Seminar (EI7742)
- Master EI
- 5 ECTS
- winter and summer term
- max. 6 participants
- one-on-one supervision
- includes tutorials on literature research, scientific writing and giving effective talks
The topic of this seminar changes every semester according to recent technical trends, but it is always in the broad area of embedded and/or real-time systems. The seminar gives you the opportunity to practice working in a scientific manner, to get individual feedback, and to improve skills that are beneficial for your Master's Thesis or an academic carreer.
Topics in Summer Term 2019
This semester we discuss "Will automation and AI make the engineer redundant?". The offered topics are:
- How will electronic design automation (EDA) evolve?
- EDA for Cyber-physical system
- Future of Deep Learning
- How will AI replace programmers?
- Future of automation
- Skills an engineer needs to keep his/her job
- The (mandatory) kick-off meeting will take place on Friday the 26th of April at 13:15 in room 3999
The registration happens via email and personal discussion, not via TUMonline. If you are interested in one of the topics, please contact: