By appointment only; please write an email.
- since 2012: Research and teaching associate at TUM RCS
- 2012: received M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology at Technische Universität München.
- 2008--2010: Systems Engineer Avionics Concepts at Airbus Group (formerly EADS).
- 2008: received Dipl.-Ing.(BA) in Electrical/Communication Engineering at University of Cooperative Education Ravensburg, Friedrichshafen.
- applications in avionics, see also multicopters "MART" and weather balloon
- functional and temporal verification of high-integrity software
- workflows and real-time programming languages and formal verification
- embedded Linux and performance analysis
- Real-Time Programming Languages (since WS 2012)
- Advanced Seminar (since SS 2018)
- Multicopter Lab: Collaborative Development of Embedded Systems (2014-2018)
- Software Engineering for Real-Time Systems at TUM Asia, Singapore (2012-2015)
Selection of Supervised Work
The following theses/internships are already assigned or completed. For more open topics visit this page.
- Intelligent Rotating Camera for City Mapping, Master's Thesis, A. Baudot, 2018.
- Approaches for Safe and Approximate Instruction-to-Source Mapping in Mainstream Compilers, Master's Thesis, M. Pazaj, 2018.
- Matching Machine Instructions to Source Code Blocks, Research Internship, M. Pazaj, 2017.
- Dependency-Sensitive Verification Statistics for SPARK2014 Programs, Master's Thesis, M. Asam, 2017.
- Software Architecture & Design for a Remote Control Unit of an Aircraft Radio Transceiver, Bachelor's Thesis, L. Hauenschild, 2017.
- Development of a mobile automatic low-cost antenna tracker for Micro Air Vehicles, Forschungspraxis, J. Yates, 2016.
- Entwurf, Analyse und Validierung eines leichten heimkehrenden Wetterballons, Diplomarbeit, M. Jungmann, 2016.
- Development and Verification of a Flight Stack for a High-Altitude Micro Glider, Master's Thesis, E. Regnath, 2016.
- Design, Implementation and Evaluation of Embedded Multicore Systems Parallelized with Embedded Multicore Building Blocks (EMB²), Research Internship, S. Bilgeri, 2016.
- Robust Real-Time Tracking of Micro Air Vehicles in RGB-D Video Streams, Master's Thesis, S. Stanglmayr, 2016.
- Evaluation of State-of-the-Art Source-Level Software Verification Approaches in Ada, Forschungspraxis, E. Regnath, 2016.
- Development and Demonstration of a Software-Defined Real-Time Control Interface for Micro Air Vehicles, Master's Thesis, A. Söhn, 2015.
- Performance Assessment and Optimization of an Emergency Recovery System for Micro Air Vehicles, Research Internship, M. Neumair, 2015.
- Software V&V of an Emergency Recovery System for Micro Air Vehicles, Research Internship, A. Söhn, 2015.
- Design and Integration of an Emergency Recovery System for Micro Air Vehicles, Master's Thesis, M. Neumair, 2015.
- Real-Time Airspace Classification and Segmentation for Micro Air Vehicles, Bachelor's Theses, K.T. Zi-Mian, Z.P. Toh, 2014.
- Entwicklung einer bidirektionalen PANLink-to-Ethernet Schnittstelle auf FPGA Basis, Bachelor Thesis, C. Niechziol, 2013.
- Investigating the Integration of a Synchronous Language Kernel into Matlab Simulink, Bachelor Thesis, Wong Zhi Wei Adrian, 2012.
Source Codes and Tips
If you are looking for some source code related to a paper, a list of my software projects or coding guidelines, then do not click here.
- September 2017, at Forum on Specification & Design Languages: "Introduction to SPARK 2014 - How to Develop Ultra-Low Defect Software", for details see here.
- May 2017, at Frama-C & SPARK Day (Open Source Innovation Spring): "Remove Before Flight: Defect-Free Software and Agile Development in SPARK 2014", download slides here.
- May 2015, at Tata Research Development and Design Centre, Pune: "Multicopter Platforms as Research Vehicles".
- August 2014, at Technische Universität München: "Functionally Safe Software for Embedded Systems", download slides here.
- March 2014, at TU Chemnitz, Software Technology for Embedded Systems: "Reconfigurable Embedded Control Systems".
- September 2013, at TUM CREATE, Singapore: "Polymorphic Systems - Challenges and Approaches at RCS".
- Measuring Software Performance on Linux, M. Becker, S. Chakraborty, Technical Report, Munich, DE. [Read report]
- Optimizing Worst-Case Execution Times Using Mainstream Compilers, M. Becker, S. Chakraborty, 21st International Workshop on Software and Compilers for Embedded Systems (SCOPES), Sankt Goar, DE. [Read paper]
- Scalable and Precise Estimation and Debugging of the Worst-Case Execution Time for Analysis-Friendly Processors, M. Becker, R. Metta, R. Venkatesh, S. Chakraborty, In International Journal on Software Tools for Technology Transfer (STTT), Springer Nature. [Read article] [Preprint]
- Development and Verification of a Flight Stack for a High-Altitude Glider in Ada/SPARK 2014, M. Becker, E. Regnath, S. Chakraborty, In 36th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP), Trento, IT. [Read preprint]
- TIC: A Scalable Model Checking Based Approach to WCET Estimation, R. Metta, M. Becker, P. Bokil, S. Chakraborty and R. Venkatesh, In ACM SIGPLAN/SIGBED Conference on Languages, Compilers, Tools and Theory for Embedded Systems (LCTES), Santa Barbara, CA, USA.
- Timing Analysis of Safety-Critical Automotive Software: The AUTOSAFE Tool Flow, M. Becker, Sajid M, K. Albers, P.P. Chakrabarti, S. Chakraborty, P. Dasgupta, S. Dey and R. Metta, In 22nd Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC), New Delhi, IN.
- Approaches for Software Verification of an Emergency Recovery System for Micro Air Vehicles, M. Becker, M. Neumair, A. Söhn, S. Chakraborty, In 34th International Conference on Computer Safety, Reliability and Security (SAFECOMP) Companion, Delft, NL. [Read preprint]
- Composing Real-Time Applications from Communicating Black-Box Components, M. Becker, A. Masrur, S. Chakraborty, In 20th Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), Tokyo, JP.
- Timing challenges in automotive software architectures, L. Zhang, R. Schneider, A. Masrur, M. Becker, M. Geier, S. Chakraborty, In International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE) Companion, Hyderabad, IN.
- Multi-layered scheduling of mixed-criticality cyber-physical systems, R. Schneider, D. Goswami, A. Masrur, M. Becker, S. Chakraborty, In Journal of Systems Architecture 59 (10), 1215-1230.
- Let's put the car in your phone!, M. Geier, M. Becker, D. Yunge, B. Dietrich, R. Schneider, D. Goswami, S. Chakraborty, In Proceedings of the 50th Annual Design Automation Conference (DAC), Austin, USA.
- Schedulability analysis for processors with aging-aware autonomic frequency scaling, A. Masrur, P. Kindt, M. Becker, S. Chakraborty, V. Kleeberger, M. Barke, U. Schlichtmann, In Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications (RTCSA), 2012, Seoul, KR.