- (Real-Time) Operating Systems
- Power management in mobile devices
- Android OS, especially browser and game power management
- Nadja Peters, Sangyoung Park, Dominik Füß, Samarjit Chakraborty, “Frame-based and Thread-based Power Management for Mobile Games on HMP Platforms”, ICCD 2016.
- Nadja Peters, Sangyoung Park, Samarjit Chakraborty, Hannes Payer, Benedikt Meurer, Daniel Clifford, “Web Browser Workload Characterization for Power Management on HMP Platforms”, CODES+ISSS 2016.
- Philipp Kindt, Jing Han, Nadja Peters, "ExPerio - Exploiting Periodicity for Opportunistic Energy-Efficient Data Transmission", INFOCOM 2015.
Open Positions for Student Theses, Internships and Projects
- Model-based investigation of the potentials of CPU and GPU power management for games on Android (MA thesis)
- Development of a frame-rate based power management strategy for the internet Browser on Android (BA Thesis, IDP)
- Development of a Chrome Browser Power Manager based on deep learning (MA thesis).
- Comparison of power consumption and game play in Android between a predictive kernel governor and a reactive user space approach (BA thesis, research internship/Forschungspraxis)
- Improvement of an existing, game-optimized Android Power Manager for Games (BA thesis, research internship/Forschungspraxis)
Feel free to approach me for further information (also about completed or on-going projects)!
Completed and on-going Theses, Internships and Projects
- Development of a Linux Governor for Google's Chrome Browser (Research Internship)
- Optimization of Google Chrome's Blink Scheduler (Dominik Durner, IDP, Feb. 2017)
- Development and verification of an SoC model based on a heterogeneous multi-processing platform (Jovi Tan Zi Hao, BA Thesis, Dec. 2016)
- Investigation on the Power Consumption of OpenGL Calls (Subash Thapa, IDP, April 2016)
- Thread based Workload Prediction, intelligent Task Allocation and dynamic Frequency Scaling of Mobile Games for Power-Performance Management on Heterogeneous MPSoCs (Dominik Füß, Master Thesis, Feb. 2016)
- Optimierung der Performanz und Zuverlässigkeit einer Zynq-AMP-Echtzeitplattform für ein auf einem Simulink-Modell basierenden Steuerungsmodul (Wissal Ghouil, Master Thesis in coop. with Siemens, Sept. 2015)
- Evaluation and Comparison of light-weight real-time Operating Systems (Martin Stanzel, Bachelor Thesis, July 2015)
- Implementation of a FreeRTOS based Pong Game on the STM32F429I Discovery Kit (Yassine Hamza, Ingenieurpraxis, July 2015)
- GPU Power Management Instrumentation and Analysis for Android Games (Dominik Füß, Research Internship/Forschungspraxis, May 2015)
- Instrumentation and analysis of Google Chrome's JaveScript engine V8 (Martin Pieck, Internship in coop. with Eindhoven University of Technology and Google, May 2015)
- Running FreeRTOS on the STM32F429I Discovery Kit (Jonathan Müller-Boruttau, Ingenieurpraxis, Jan. 2015)