TU München, RCS
Email: samarjit symbol for at tum dot germany
Room 3936 (link to roomfinder)
Consultation hour: By appointment
Samarjit Chakraborty is a Professor of Electrical Engineering at TU Munich in Germany, where he holds the Chair for Real-Time Computer Systems. From 2011 – 2016 he also led a research program on embedded systems for electric vehicles at the TUM CREATE Center for Electromobility in Singapore, where he also served as a Scientific Advisor. Prior to taking up his current position at TU Munich in 2008, he was an Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the National University of Singapore from 2003 - 2008. He obtained his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from ETH Zurich in 2003. His research interests include distributed embedded systems, hardware/software co-design, embedded control systems, energy storage systems, electromobility, and sensor network-based information processing for healthcare, smart-buildings and transportation.
He was the General Chair of Embedded Systems Week (ESWeek) 2011, and the Program Chair of EMSOFT 2009 and SIES 2012, and regularly serves on the TPCs of various conferences on real-time and embedded systems. During 2013-2014, he also served on the Executive Committee of DAC, where he started a new track on Automotive Systems and Software along with Anthony Cooprider from the Ford Motor Company. He serves on the editorial boards of IEEE Transactions on Computers, ACM Transactions on Cyber-Physical Systems, Leibnitz Transactions on Embedded Systems, Design Automation of Embedded Systems and Springer's Lecture Notes on Electrical Engineering.
For his Ph.D. thesis, he received the ETH Medal and the European Design and Automation Association's Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award in 2004. In addition, he has received Best Paper and Demo Awards at ISLPED, ICCD, RTCSA, ASP-DAC, EUC, Mobisys, and several Best Paper Award nominations at RTSS, EMSOFT, CODES+ISSS, ECRTS and DAC. In addition to funding from several governmental agencies, his work has also been supported by grants from General Motors, Intel, Google, BMW, Audi, Siemens and Bosch.
Five Representative Publications:
- Debayan Roy, Licong Zhang, Wanli Chang, Sanjoy K. Mitter, Samarjit Chakraborty: Semantics-Preserving Cosynthesis of Cyber-Physical Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE 106(1): 171-200 (2018)
- Philipp H. Kindt, Marco Saur, Michael Balszun, Samarjit Chakraborty: Neighbor Discovery Latency in BLE-Like Protocols. IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 17(3): 617-631 (2018)
- Florian Sagstetter, Martin Lukasiewycz, Samarjit Chakraborty: Generalized Asynchronous Time-Triggered Scheduling for FlexRay. IEEE Transactions on CAD of Integrated Circuits and Systems 36(2): 214-226 (2017)
- Samarjit Chakraborty, Mohammad Abdullah Al Faruque, Wanli Chang, Dip Goswami, Marilyn Wolf, Qi Zhu: Automotive Cyber-Physical Systems: A Tutorial Introduction. IEEE Design & Test 33(4): 92-108 (2016)
- Benedikt Dietrich, Dip Goswami, Samarjit Chakraborty, Apratim Guha, Matthias Gries: Time Series Characterization of Gaming Workload for Runtime Power Management. IEEE Transactions on Computers 64(1): 260-273 (2015)